Over the next couple of weeks I am going to showcase some easy, yet tasty jar recipes to give as gifts or to put in the cupboard for a long day of work and school activities!
When giving as a gift, just copy the recipe on a recipe card, or pretty paper and attach to the jar with pretty ribbon.
Easy Winter Chili In A Jar (makes 1 soup mix jar – 1 jar makes 8-10 servings of soup)
- 2/3 cup brown or green lentils
- 2/3 cup yellow split peas
- 2/3 cup green split peas
- 1 cup Barley
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 10 cups water
1. In a quart-sized mason jar, layer 1/2 of the lentils, 1/2 of the yellow split peas, 1/2 of the green split peas, the barley, 1/2 of the green split peas, 1/2 of the yellow split peas, 1/2 of the lentils. Top with the spices and bouillon cubes.
2. To make the soup: combine contents of jar with the tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 1 – 1-1/2 hours, until the lentils and barley are soft.
Until next time! And don’t forget to share your favorites with us! We love to share!
Nancie, Winston & Ziggy